Leehom Wang's Open Fire Concert Film to Have World Presmiere at TIFF 2016
- GPIFF 2016 dedicates to connecting film industries of N. America and China
- 4th Golden Panda International Short Film Festival takes off
- Steveston’s parade celebrates 2016 Canada Day
- Canada out in force at the Shanghai International Film Festival with 18 films
- Vancouver film festival visits Chinese filmmakers
- Robertson: Vancouver is uniquely connected
Photo Credit: Courtesy of TIFF
The Toronto International Film Festival® today announced the World Premiere of Leehom Wang’s Open Fire Concert Film taking place on Thursday, September 15. The Premiere screening will be followed by an exclusive Q&A and performance by Chinese-American pop sensation Leehom Wang. The film documents Wang’s two historic sold-out concerts at Beijing’s Bird’s Nest stadium and provides an intimate portrait of the global superstar.
“Leehom Wang is one of the world’s biggest pop stars and Toronto audiences will be the first to experience his electrifying concert documentary,” said Cameron Bailey, Artistic Director, Toronto International Film Festival. “The film offers unprecedented insight into his work and highlights a rare bridge between North American and Chinese cultures.”
“It's an honour to be selected for the Toronto International Film Festival among many of the world's greatest filmmakers,” said Leehom Wang. “This will mark the World Premiere of our film Open Fire, and I hope TIFF audiences will find our story of Chinese pop music to be a meaningful cultural exchange.”
Leehom Wang’s Open Fire Concert Film Homeboy Music, Inc., Taiwan, World Premiere
Leehom Wang’s Open Fire Concert Film documents the first ever solo pop concert in Beijing’s iconic Bird’s Nest stadium. Between the gargantuan concert, 90,000 screaming fans, and backstage reality, we get an up-close look at the life of the “King of Chinese Pop”.
The 41st Toronto International Film Festival runs September 8 to 18, 2016.
Tickets are on sale from Sunday, September 4 to Sunday, September 18. Purchase tickets online at tiff.net/festival, by phone at 416.599.TIFF or 1.888.599.8433. Festival Box Office, located at 225 King Street West, is open now.
TIFF prefers Visa.
- Editor:Albert | Source: CNTVNA/Agencies
- YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Driftwood Transcultural Forum was held in Vancouver on August 6. This forum aims to establish itself as a platform to facilitate transcultural debates, discussions and dialogues.
- The 12th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade is the festival’s largest and most popular free event.