- WHO: processed food may lead to cancers
- S. Korea closes more than 200 schools for MERS fears
- S. Korean President criticizes government's response over MERS outbreak
- Yoga develops fast in China over past 20 years
- US experimental Ebola vaccine passes safety test
- Annual yoga festival helps put Indonesia on the map
South Korean President Park Geun-hye has criticized her government for not taking proper early measures on the spread of the MERS virus in the country. Park called for all possible efforts to block any further spreading of the disease.
"Early measures were a bit unsatisfactory. I hope that the private-government joint countermeasure team puts all its effort into firmly blocking MERS spreading in our society. I also hope the team will closely cooperate with local governments, and use all possible national health-related capabilities," Park said.
- Editor:Annabelle | Source: Agencies
- Driftwood Transcultural Forum was held in Vancouver on August 6. This forum aims to establish itself as a platform to facilitate transcultural debates, discussions and dialogues.
- The 12th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade is the festival’s largest and most popular free event.