Vancouverites have a blast at 7th Deighton Cup
Following in the hoof prints of England’s Ascot and the United States’ Kentucky Derby, Vancouver, BC's Social Concierge team held the Deighton Cup at Hastings Racetrack on July 25th. While the clouds hinted at showers the weather didn’t stop guests from attending this year’s “Lucky 7” (the 7th anniversary).
Compared to previous years, attendance grew significantly. This year organizers offered $35 general admission in addition to VIP and Cocktail Jockey tickets.
Most women wore body-con nightclub dresses, floppy sun hats and heels. A moderate number of inspired ladies color coordinated their outfits with a wide range of unique hats and fascinators. The few but elegantly dressed ladies paired understated yet eye catching dresses with unique fascinators or traditional race hats.
VIP guests were treated to lunch. Cigars, champagne and whisky were extra but set the mood. Everyone had a chance to bet on the horses and enter the best dressed contest. The contest was open to men and women. The titles of best dressed man and best dressed woman came with cheques of $500 cheques for each winner.
The event started at noon and ended a 6:00pm.
About the author: R!c currently lives in Vancouver, BC but grew up on the east coast of the US. As a Photoblogger, he likes to capture images of well-coordinated, fitted outfits with clean lines. His blog features a mix of people randomly stopped on the “Sidewalk” and planned photo shoots with fashionistas. He’ll also feature “Runway” images of Fashion Designer’s collections; hence the name SidewalkRunway.
For expanded Deighton Cup coverage, visit http://www.sidewalkrunway.com/2015/07/deighton-cup-fashion-2015/ or https://instagram.com/sidewalkrunway_com on Instagram.
(All images are copyright protected. Re-posting or re-production of images is strictly forbidden without written consent.)
- Editor:Annabelle | Source: CNTVNA/Agencies
- Is oil blobbing paper harmful to our skin?
- 2015 New Cover's Top 30 interview
- Top 15 models of ‘New Cover’ 2015 received professional training
- Sharks coach known for using rest as weapon, making him popular with player
- Olympic flame set to arrive in Brazil for torch relay
- Rendy Lu advances in Memphis
- How many walnuts can pregnant women eat everyday
- FDA expands use of Pfizer drug
- Apple, Google face a long road to build cars
- General Motors recalls 1.4M older cars to fix oil leaks
- Driftwood Transcultural Forum was held in Vancouver on August 6. This forum aims to establish itself as a platform to facilitate transcultural debates, discussions and dialogues.
- The 12th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade is the festival’s largest and most popular free event.