Police in New York State to provide more detail on deaths that included Canadian
- Police arrest woman in road rage killing of Chinese student
- Syrian-born US citizen pleads guilty to aiding militants
- Professor who abused disabled man sentenced to prison
- Man steals $1,528 worth of chewing gum; police say they've exhausted all leads
- Safe injection service within Vancouver HIV centre gets federal approval
- $1.6 billion Powerball jackpot goes to 3 winners in 3 states
Matthew Hutchinson is shown in a photo from the State University of New York at Geneseo hockey team website. Police are expected to release more information on the deaths of two college students - one of them Hutchinson, a Canadian - and a former student at a house next to a western New York State college. THE CANADIAN PRESS/HO
Police are expected to release more information on the deaths of two college students — one of them a Canadian — and a former student at a house next to a western New York State college.
The three bodies were discovered Sunday morning near the State University of New York at Geneseo, about 55 kilometres south of Rochester.
The victims were identified as 24-year-old Matthew Hutchinson of Vancouver, British Columbia; 21-year-old Kelsey Annese of Webster, New York; and 24-year-old Colin Kingston of Geneseo, New York.
Police said Annese and Hutchinson were students at Geneseo and Kingston was a former student.
Police said they believe the perpetrator was one of the victims. Authorities scheduled a news conference Monday afternoon to provide updated information about the investigation.
Police said no firearm was used, but a knife was recovered.
Hutchinson played hockey in British Columbia for the Chilliwack Chiefs before starting school in the United States in 2012.
He was in his fourth year of university, studying geography and business, and volunteered as a firefighter.
Note to readers: This is a corrected story. An earlier version had a misspelling of the first name of one of the victims. His correct name is Colin Kingston.
- Editor:Justine | Source: The Associated Press
- YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Driftwood Transcultural Forum was held in Vancouver on August 6. This forum aims to establish itself as a platform to facilitate transcultural debates, discussions and dialogues.
- The 12th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade is the festival’s largest and most popular free event.
- Blizzard kills more than 30K dairy cows in Texas, New Mexico; number could climb higher
- Police ticket 80-year-old man for too much snow on his car, then help clear snow
- Crocodile takes morning dip in Florida Keys swimming pool
- US family has third set of twins, 7 kids total
- Many Russian pilots use fake flight certificates
- British PM leads tributes to Mandela
- Christmas Day bombing suspect jailed for life in Nigeria
- Chinese design on display in NY
- Chris Botti to perform in Beijing
- Thor hammers Chinese box office charts