China's national legislature opens ann. session
- Beijing plans more subways, roads to ease congestion
- Beijing expects 300,000 newborns in Year of Monkey
- Over 40 pct Chinese websites have security loopholes
- Chinese online platform to help oversea job hunters
- Record-breaking cold freezes 90 percent of China
- Beijing shut down over 1,000 factories over past 5 years
BEIJING, March 5, 2016 (Xinhua) -- The fourth session of the 12th National People's Congress opens at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, capital of China, March 5, 2016. (Xinhua/Ding Lin)
The 12th National People's Congress (NPC), China's national legislature, opened its fourth session on Saturday morning at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing.
Premier Li Keqiang delivers a government work report at the opening meeting, chaired by Zhang Dejiang, chairman of the NPC Standing Committee and executive chairperson of the session's presidium.
Nearly 3,000 NPC deputies attended the opening meeting along with top Party and state leaders Xi Jinping, Yu Zhengsheng, Liu Yunshan, Wang Qishan and Zhang Gaoli.
- Editor:Justine | Source: Xinhua
- YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Driftwood Transcultural Forum was held in Vancouver on August 6. This forum aims to establish itself as a platform to facilitate transcultural debates, discussions and dialogues.
- The 12th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade is the festival’s largest and most popular free event.
- Blizzard kills more than 30K dairy cows in Texas, New Mexico; number could climb higher
- Police ticket 80-year-old man for too much snow on his car, then help clear snow
- Crocodile takes morning dip in Florida Keys swimming pool
- US family has third set of twins, 7 kids total
- Many Russian pilots use fake flight certificates
- British PM leads tributes to Mandela
- Christmas Day bombing suspect jailed for life in Nigeria
- Chinese design on display in NY
- Chris Botti to perform in Beijing
- Thor hammers Chinese box office charts