China’s lunar rover Jade Rabbit retires
- Record number of developing countries to attend G20 Hangzhou Summit
- Cities warm to idea of pollution-free heating
- China's national legislature opens ann. session
- Beijing plans more subways, roads to ease congestion
- Beijing expects 300,000 newborns in Year of Monkey
- Over 40 pct Chinese websites have security loopholes
Photo taken by the landform camera on the Chang'e-3 moon lander on Dec. 22, 2013 shows the Yutu moon rover during Chang'e-3 lunar probe mission's first lunar day circle.
China's lunar rover Jade Rabbit, launched as part of the Chang'e-3 lunar mission in 2013, has stopped operations, according to an official announcement.
The State Administration for Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense (SASTIND) said on Wednesday that Chang'e-3, China's first lunar lander, has operated on the moon for 31 months, exceeding its design life by 19 months.
Chang'e-3 entered its 33th lunar night on July 28. A lunar night lasts approximately 14 earth days.
According to SASTIND, the Chang'e-3 has collected a large amount of scientific data, and the Jade Rabbit, far exceeding its design life of three months, completed many challenging missions for Chang'e-3, such as obtaining images of the moon's geological layers for the first time.
- Editor:Xueting | Source: CRIENGLISH
- YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Driftwood Transcultural Forum was held in Vancouver on August 6. This forum aims to establish itself as a platform to facilitate transcultural debates, discussions and dialogues.
- The 12th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade is the festival’s largest and most popular free event.
- Blizzard kills more than 30K dairy cows in Texas, New Mexico; number could climb higher
- Police ticket 80-year-old man for too much snow on his car, then help clear snow
- Crocodile takes morning dip in Florida Keys swimming pool
- US family has third set of twins, 7 kids total
- Many Russian pilots use fake flight certificates
- British PM leads tributes to Mandela
- Christmas Day bombing suspect jailed for life in Nigeria
- Chinese design on display in NY
- Chris Botti to perform in Beijing
- Thor hammers Chinese box office charts