Century-old Shanghai Dashijie reopens for trial run
- Sachiel Water Inc. Officially Launched in China During The 20th Shanghai FHC Expo 2016
- Chinese Premier arrives in Ottawa for official visit
- Premier Li to offer Chinese measures to promote sustainable development
- Hangzhou hits overdrive preparing for G20
- Canada sees China’s positive role in G20
- Chinese Ministry issues draft rules for car-hailing business
Visitors take photos of the Shanghai Dashijie in Shanghai, on Dec 28, 2016.
Shanghai Dashijie, also known as the Great World Amusement Center, reopened for a trial operation in Shanghai on Wednesday. Many of China's intangible cultural heritages were exhibited or performed to invited guests during the trial run.
The building, located in the Huangpu district, was built in 1917 and once was the city's most influential and attractive entertainment venue where Chinese operas, vaudeville, music shows and amusement arcades dazzled guests' eyes.
The center, having been closed for 13 years since 2003, will officially open to public as a nonprofit institute in March.
- Editor:Albert | Source: Agencies
- YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Driftwood Transcultural Forum was held in Vancouver on August 6. This forum aims to establish itself as a platform to facilitate transcultural debates, discussions and dialogues.
- The 12th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade is the festival’s largest and most popular free event.
- Blizzard kills more than 30K dairy cows in Texas, New Mexico; number could climb higher
- Police ticket 80-year-old man for too much snow on his car, then help clear snow
- Crocodile takes morning dip in Florida Keys swimming pool
- US family has third set of twins, 7 kids total
- Many Russian pilots use fake flight certificates
- British PM leads tributes to Mandela
- Christmas Day bombing suspect jailed for life in Nigeria
- Chinese design on display in NY
- Chris Botti to perform in Beijing
- Thor hammers Chinese box office charts