Houston celebrates "Yao Ming Day"
Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner has announced February 2 as "Yao Ming Day". He appoints Yao as the city's goodwill ambassador, and a special reception was held at City Hall in honor of the former Houston Rockets basketball player. Yao was acknowledged for his contributions to sports and cultural exchanges between China and the United States.
- Editor:Albert | Source: Ecns.cn
- Driftwood Transcultural Forum was held in Vancouver on August 6. This forum aims to establish itself as a platform to facilitate transcultural debates, discussions and dialogues.
- The 12th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade is the festival’s largest and most popular free event.
- Blizzard kills more than 30K dairy cows in Texas, New Mexico; number could climb higher
- Police ticket 80-year-old man for too much snow on his car, then help clear snow
- Crocodile takes morning dip in Florida Keys swimming pool
- US family has third set of twins, 7 kids total
- Many Russian pilots use fake flight certificates
- British PM leads tributes to Mandela
- Christmas Day bombing suspect jailed for life in Nigeria
- Chinese design on display in NY
- Chris Botti to perform in Beijing
- Thor hammers Chinese box office charts