Car bombings kill at least 68 near Syrian town taken from ISIL
- Malaysia requires Kim’s DNA before his body released
- DPRK leader’s half brother killed in Malaysia
- Military vet returns to China after being trapped in India for 50 years
- Hollande calls machete-wielding attack ‘savage assault’
- Search continues for the missing in boat accident in Malaysia
- Japan to move Chinese athletes from controversial hotel after book row
A second car bomb exploded Friday in Sousian village, about eight kilometers north of the northern Syrian town of al-Bab, killing at least eight, reported activists.
Earlier in the day, a car bomb killed at least 60 people in the same village, which was just taken by rebels after dislodging the ISIL out of the area on Thursday.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said that most of the casualties were Turkey-backed rebels, who had been fighting along with Turkish forces for weeks, and were believed to be the target of the blast.
According to Turkey's Prime Minster, two Turkish soldiers were also killed in the attack.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the death toll could rise further as “there are dozens wounded, some of them critically.”
- Editor:Albert | Source: Agencies
- YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Driftwood Transcultural Forum was held in Vancouver on August 6. This forum aims to establish itself as a platform to facilitate transcultural debates, discussions and dialogues.
- The 12th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade is the festival’s largest and most popular free event.
- Blizzard kills more than 30K dairy cows in Texas, New Mexico; number could climb higher
- Police ticket 80-year-old man for too much snow on his car, then help clear snow
- Crocodile takes morning dip in Florida Keys swimming pool
- US family has third set of twins, 7 kids total
- Many Russian pilots use fake flight certificates
- British PM leads tributes to Mandela
- Christmas Day bombing suspect jailed for life in Nigeria
- Chinese design on display in NY
- Chris Botti to perform in Beijing
- Thor hammers Chinese box office charts